Please enter banners and links.
NATIONAL COMMANDER’S MESSAGE – ARMINDA CRAWFORD
Recent & Archived Messages
National Commander Crawford’s letters:
- NEW – to the President about the proposed cuts to over age 65 disabled vets compensation (5/30/17) – click HERE
- to the President about issuing an Executive Order to restore and preserve religious liberty. (2/9/2017) – click HERE
- to the President about the Immigration Executive Order and war-time interpreters. (2/1/2017) click HERE
- to President Trump (1/26/17) click HERE
- congratulations from the CWV to Cardinal Dinardo (11/28/16) click HERE
- congratulations from the CWV to Cardinal Cupich (11/28/16) click HERE
- letter of congratulations from the CWV to President-elect Trump (11/17/16) click HERE
- to NFL Commissioner Goodell – CWV’s Response to the National Anthem controversy! Click HERE
Another Viewpoint on kneeling during the National Anthem: a letter from COL Jeffrey Powers (Ret.), USMC. Click HERE
National Commander Crawford explains our NEW Online Dues Pay option – click HERE. Use the link in the letter to go to Online Pay page
National Commander Arminda Crawford – BIO
National Commander Arminda Crawford was born in Elgin, Illinois and raised in San Juan, Texas. She joined the Womens Army Corp in June 1966, serving as a 72B20, Communication Center Specialist. During her time in service, she served as a Platoon Sergeant, received the Army commendation Medal and was Honorably Discharged in 1968.
The Commander has been married to her husband, George, a Vietnam Veteran, for 47 years and is the mother of seven and has 15 grandchildren. Two of her sons are currently serving on Active Duty.
CDR Crawford works full time as the Administrative Assistant to the Vice Rector of the College of Liberal Arts at the Pontifical College Josephinum – the only seminary in the US directly under the supervision of the Holy See.
A Life Member of the CWV, the Commander’s involvement in the CWV has been extensive. She has served as the Historian, Welfare Officer, 1st Vice Commander and Post Commander of Greater Columbus Post 1936 in Ohio. Most of her time in the Post was and continues to be used to grow the membership, and expand the involvement in the CWV’s National Programs (particularly the Catholic Action program).
CDR Crawford has served the Department of Ohio as the 1st Vice Commander, and as the Executive Director before becoming The Department Commander in 2007. As a PDC, she has continued to stay involved at the Department as the Welfare Officer and the current VAVS Service Officer.
Since coming to the National board of Officers as a Department Commander, CDR Crawford has continued to serve in a host of leadership positions: as a member of the following Committees: Standards, Ways and Means, and the St. Sebastian Nominating Committee. She has served on the Executive Board and as the Commanders’ Liaison Representative. Before becoming National Commander, CDR Crawford was the National 3rd Vice CDR, National 2nd Vice CDR and as the 1st Vice CDR under PNC Jim Finkel.